- Brush your teeth regularly and as soon after eating as possible, even after snacking. Brushing keeps small food particles left in your teeth from becoming giant problems.
- Floss at least twice a day. Flossing further cleans and removes particles where your toothbrush cannot reach.
- Don’t use tobacco products. Cigarette or tobacco use can lead to tooth discoloration, gum disease and loss of teeth.
- Eat healthy snacks. Make sure to incorporate fruit and healthy snacks into your diet like melon, tangerine, apples and berries that improve the health of your gums.
- Visit the dentist. Every 6 months, you should visit the dentist for cleaning and checkup. The dentist can identify any complications you may have with your teeth and gums.
- Strive to live a stress free lifestyle. Research shows that people who have a difficult time coping with stress tend to neglect their oral hygiene.
Tips for Healthy Teeth & Gums
Maintaining healthy teeth and gums gives you a beautiful smile and goes a long way for maintaining total body health. Here are a few tips to help you maintain healthy teeth and gums for years to come. Tips: